
With my girls being eight and five years old now, I can breathe easier and put the tantrum years behind me... or so I thought! It turns out that the older they are, the bigger the tantrum is (thankfully just not as often!). My girls aren't bad girls, but they are children and like ALL children, they like to push the boundaries every so often. Over the years I've tried many behavioural techniques and disliked them all. I have ignored and given in, I have shouted and encouraged, I've confiscated and bribed, I've even hidden in a cupboard and cried!! When The Sticker Factory asked if I wanted to try out their 'Stickers at Home' range, I didn't even have to think about it!

I received a set of star magnets and a set of star badges. When they arrived I opened them straight away. The girls were excited to see what they were. I told them we were going to start a new reward system and explained how we would use them. At first we just used the magnets. I stuck the two that the girls had chosen onto the fridge and wrote out 8 simple tasks/rules and stuck it beside the reward magnets. The tasks were simple everyday things such as, make you bed and hang up your clothes. At the end of the day if all 8 spaces were filled in, they got to stay up an extra half an hour. It worked really well. It is just like the system the school use where they fill a sticker reward chart to gain half an hour of 'golden time'. The girls are naturally really neat anyway so I soon decided this was too easy and wanted to base it on their actual behaviour instead. So now the girls are using a whole set each. Tia has taken the magnets and Abi has the badges (which she attached to the tent of her mid-sleeper bed). The girls collect stickers all week for good behaviour as well as keeping tidy and this determines how much pocket money they get. Tia loves to save money, Abi loves to spend as soon as she gets it so this is working really well for us and both girls are trying their hardest to get the higher amount of pocket money.

These reward charts come in four fun and colourful themes - stars, fairies, dinosaurs or animals. You can buy these sets here for just £4.95. Each set includes five 55mm badge charts (or five 55mm magnet charts) and over 100 sparkly 12mm stickers. As well as stickers, The Sticker Factory also sell stamps, certificates and even reward wristbands! I absolutely love their website and am glad to have found somewhere I can buy products that suit my parenting style. I come from a family of teachers so educational style praising has always been my way of life.

I highly recommend these reward charts for home use for children of all ages! They are bright and fun and my girls absolutely love them. I have made wall charts before and they have never lasted as long. These sets are small and individual so the girls get to keep them in their own rooms and I keep the stickers. When I give them a sticker they run through to add them to their chart, they love being able to have that extra bit control.

If you would like to find out about the products featured here or to contact The Sticker Factory, here are their links:
Website: www.thestickerfactory.co.uk
Twitter: @SFstickers
Facebook: The Sticker Factory Ltd