Sunday, 4 August 2013

# Discount # Fairy

Review - Tall Tales Puzzle Party


It was Abi's birthday last week and we did something a little bit different this year. Instead of hiring a venue and having party organisers rushing the children from playing to eating, we had a Tall Tales Puzzle Party. We already knew the usual suspects that would be invited, best friends, cousins... the annoying younger sister! But we hadn't gotten round to booking anywhere yet because none of the previous parties had left a lasting impression.


When Sara from Tall Tales Puzzle Parties asked if I wanted to host a party of my own for Abi, I was in two minds. I was looking for something new and fun, but wasn't too sure that I was up for the challenge of keeping a room full of children entertained myself! I needn't have worried though because when the time came everything was perfect (even though we had a few weather related hiccups).

Sara very kindly sent us a fairy party box for 10 which you can buy here for £49.99. Once it arrived I quickly got to work writing the invitations with Abi and planning our afternoon of fun. As well as my two girls, we had 7 other little girls coming which left a spare place, so we invited Abi's male cousin... He is a typical six year old boy and doesn't like girls, or pink, or glitter... but he had just as much fun as the girls. We gave him the unisex colours of stickers and pens and he didn't seem to mind that it was a girls party. Phew!

What's included...
  • A personalised wordsearch with Abi's name in it
  • Clear instructions
  • Ten invitations
  • Ten Party Bags (including a Tall Tales flyer which other parents loved)
  • Six large envelopes holding different puzzles (enough for ten children)
  • Puzzle Solutions
  • A pack of pens, for puzzles and crafts
  • Many fairy and glittery stickers
  • Glitter Glue 
  • Ten boxes to make into toothfairy boxes
  • Six folded prize cards, needed to rescue the Fairy
  • Ten badges for the children

I love that Sara personalised the box for us. We had a wordsearch designed just for Abi as well as a game in one of the envelopes being personalised for her. Such a lovely thoughtful touch. The instructions are so clear and detailed making it really easy to understand. Throughout the instruction booklet, there are handy tips for other things to do and add to the party. The best bit is you can tweak it and host it however you want. you can change the order, swap items round... you can do anything YOU want. We stuck to the instructions since we were at home, but I had it planned slightly differently for outdoors! We will definitely be trying it again next year.

How it went...
Originally the party was going to be outdoors, we found the most magical woodland that was surrounded by fields and an old ruin. Perfect for a magical fairy party. As the days ticked down the weather turned awful. We had thunder and lightening and I knew there was no way our magical woodland party would work. So last minute I had to fairy proof my home and re-think my plan of action.

On the day everyone arrived and I got to work with the party. My flat is small so it was a squeeze but we coped well and there was laughter and smiles all afternoon. We already had the balloons and banners up from Abi's birthday the day before and the food stayed in the kitchen leaving plenty room for the games and crafts in the livingroom. I'd worried that the party wouldn't work out as well as the one I had envisioned outdoors but it was perfect. That night when Abi went to bed she wrapped her arms round my neck and thanked me for giving her the best party ever! I even had a couple of parents text and ask what party organiser I had booked and was surprised to find out it was all me... with the help of Sara of course!


Overall...
These boxes have had so much thought and time put into them, they are very well made and planned out and I honestly can't rave about them enough. I fully recommend Tall Tale Puzzle Parties to anyone looking for an alternative type of party. It's unique and fun and best of all, saves so much money. I was provided the box for free, but had I payed full price for it (and I would, quite happily), I'd of still saved well over £100. More importantly, I didn't have to stand in the side lines watching, I was involved in the games and crafts and had just as much fun as the children! Thank you Sara for giving us a great day... I can't wait to host more parties of my own!

Discount...
If you are interested in buying a party in a box, Tall Tales Puzzle Parties have a great range of themes and boxes available starting from just £39.99 and Sara is kindly giving my readers 15% off all orders, just use the coupon code Mum13 at checkout.

Twitter: @TallTalesSara