Friday, 27 September 2013

# Food # Review

Review - Yu! Healthy Snacks


Today's post is a review of the extremely tasty and healthy Yu! Snacks. I am always looking for snacks and treats for my girls, especially for their packed lunches at school! I rarely give them sweets, and they never have fizzy juice or anything else that has high sugar values. As snacks we eat fruit, as treats we love yogurt coated fruit. We recently received an assortment of Yu! snacks and have been trying them out as a family.

Yu! have been selling their range of healthy snacks, made from 100% fruit, since 2010. There are currently 4 different tasty treats, that come in a variety of fruity flavours:


Yu! Fruit & Yogurt:
These tasty fruit bites are covered in a creamy yogurt coating and contain real fruit pieces and real yogurt. There are 5 varieties of yogurt fruit - Strawberry, Blackcurrant, Raspberry, Banana and Raisins. We tried the yogurt coated raisins and they didn't last very long, the girls loved them. Yu! Fruit & Yogurt are available in multipacks of 5 for £2 from Tesco and Sainsbury's.


Yu! Fruit Chews:
Just one bag of Yu! Fruit Chews provides you with 1 of your 5 a day because these sweet-like chews are made from 100% fruit. The fruit has been concentrated and formed into tasty little fruit pieces and are perfect for snacking or mixing in with cereal etc! Fruit Chews are available in 5 tasty flavours - Blueberry, Blackcurrant, Strawberry, Cherry and Mango and are available from Tesco and Sainsbury's for 65p per bag.


Yu! Bar:
The Yu! Bar is available in 4 tasty flavours - Apricot, Strawberry, Cherry and Wild Berry. We tried the Strawberry flavour and it was delicious! The fruit bars are made from real fruit and crunchy cereal and then covered in a yummy yogurt coating. I would much rather have one of these as a treat/snack than grab a chocolate bar. 


Yu! Granola:
These snacks were by far my favourite (though they were all seriously tasty!). Clusters of crunchy granola and real fruit pieces, covered in a creamy yogurt coating. It's hard to believe that there are only 99 calories in each bag as they taste so sweet and moreish! Yu! Granola is available from Tesco for just 49p per bag. Perfect for people with a sweet tooth but prefer to eat healthy!


Overall I love everything about this product. From the packaging to the quality of flavour! I know I am going to have a hard time keeping them stocked in my cupboard as the whole family couldn't get enough of them. I'm so glad I've found a product that is healthy but doesn't taste bland! They are the perfect sized treats for popping in my girls lunch boxes or bags and having whilst on the go. And for someone like me who doesn't like cereal, they will be the perfect breakfast alternative. If you'd like to find out more about Yu!, here are the links: