Monday, 30 September 2013

# from you to me # Review

Review - Our Story



I am a very sentimental person! If my home was burgled and all we had left, were some old torn boxes of photos, hospital bands and sick stained baby clothes. I would still have everything I ever needed in life! See to me, memories hold more value than plasma screens and new gadgets ever could, and I've known this from a young age! When I was nine I received my first ever camera and film spool. I spent the whole of Christmas snapping away and capturing very happy family memories, unaware that only two short months later my whole world would turn upside down! I often look back at those first photos of mine and wonder if I'd of remembered things the same after everything had turned bad. Would happy Christmas memories be wiped from mind, replaced by sadness and loss? Who knows! Thankfully I am able to share every happy memory and milestone I go through with my daughters in one beautiful journal thanks to the clever people from the wonderful little company - from you to me.

from you to me began in 2007 from an idea that came from Managing Director Neil Coxon, who was caring for his terminally ill father at the time. He suddenly realised there were many details of his fathers life that he didn't know about. Originally starting with just one journal, Dear Mum, from you to me now produces over 20 different titles making the perfect gifts and keepsakes for every loved one and occasion. I was very kindly sent Our Story to review, which you can buy here for £19.99. Our story is a beautiful hardback journal that comes in two different styles, for my son and for my daughter, it can also be personalised in a number of ways and also features:

  • 160 pages 
  • Amazing quality, untreated paper 
  • 18 beautifully illustrated chapters 
  • A ribbon bookmark 
  • Space to jot down details or add photos 
  • Questions to record thoughts and memories 

Words seem to fail me with this journal. I honestly think it's the most perfect, beautiful keepsake that I have ever come across. From the moment I opened the parcel, I fell in love with this journal. The timeless illustrations are beautiful and eye-catching yet somehow completely simple at the same time. The book will grow with my children, they won't be embarrassed to have it in their bookcase year after year. It is bigger than I expected, measuring slightly over 24x17cm and the quality of the pages and binding are superb and I love that there is a ribbon bookmark to keep in our current year. There are beautiful quotes featured throughout the journal and lots of space for jotting down every detail and memory, including ailments! I will be gifting this journal to my daughter once it has been completely filled and I cannot wait to sit down with her as an adult and read through all my future predictions for her! I fully recommend this beautiful, clever journal for any parent who wants to share a life time of happy memories with their special little creations! I love that instead of recording the usual facts such as height and weight, you record precious memories to share and keep forever. 

from you to me have been selected as one of the 15 finalists for Deborah Meaden’s national business award. To find out more about from you to me, or if you want to show your support and vote, here are the links:

Twitter: @fromyoutome
Facebook: From You To Me
Pinterest: from you to me

Space for name and/or photo... this can also be personalised when ordering online
Facts about me and you.
Such beautiful illustrations help tell the story
Helpful questions to record memories that are often forgotten
Where I am right now! Almost half way through the journal :(