Nowadays everyone has a smartphone, tablet or laptop at the tip of their fingers. Technology can be used for all sorts of wonderful tasks such as keeping notes, contacting people, as a calendar or even for playing games on. I have more than enough gadgets and gizmos, but nothing compares to good old fashioned pen and paper! I write notes and to-do lists everyday, I also keep 3 different organisers and a diary! I love writing and best of all, so do my children! They both share the same enthusiasm as I do for paper and pens, though more so pencils because being children, means they make a LOT of mistakes. That's where Uniball come in handy!
![]() |
| Super Ink Marker, Magik Girl pen and Eye Needle pen |
We were very kindly sent the whole set of Uniball's new Magik Girl pens for both of my girls to try, as well as some more 'grown-up' pens for mummy and daddy and try - The Super Ink Marker and the Eye Needle pen. The whole family are really impressed with the quality of these pens and the girls absolutely love being able to use pens, especially Abi who also keeps a diary! She now has pages and pages of rainbow writing without a mistake in sight!
![]() |
| Needle point, marker and ballpoint |
Super Ink Marker:
This marker pen has been my life saver lately! I use iron labels for the girls school clothing, but I always like to have a back up plan just in case they fall off! The Super Ink Marker has been used to write the names on their labels and has been by far the best marker for the job! Usually I resort to ordinary ballpoint pen for writing on labels, but as you can imagine it eventually washes off. I've found marker pen ink to spread and feather on labels, leaving the name looking like an ink blot! Thankfully the Super Ink Marker doesn't feather too much at all. The words are still clearly readable and better yet, it's completely wash proof and fade resistant! The ink is fast drying and completely permanent on almost every surface. As well as fabric these markers work well on plastic, glass, metal and paper. You can buy the Super Ink Marker here for just £1.98.
![]() |
| Super Ink Marker |
![]() |
| Minimal feathering on paper |
Eye Needle:
In all honesty I have never been a fan of needle point pens. When I was at high school I used a needle point pen by another popular brand and the nib snapped as I used it. There was ink all over my work and I was distraught! My husband loves them and prefers them to ballpoint pens. I have been pleasantly surprised by this pen. Not only is it a lovely looking pen, with its pearlescent lid, it writes really well, is lightweight and comfy to hold and more importantly seems really strong and durable! I press quite hard when writing so was really anxious to try this but it has totally restored my faith in needle point pens. You can buy the Eye Needle pen here for £2.56 and it comes in a choice of 6 different colours.
![]() |
| Eye Needle |
![]() |
| Smooth ink flow |
Magik Girl:
Here we have the new Magik Girl range. The Magik Girl pens are an erasable ball point pen. You simply use them like normal and if you need to rub out a mistake, there's a clever rubber on the tip of the lid. The erasable ink is made from a special heat sensitive ink that turns clear when heat is applied from the friction of rubbing the lid on it, which means there's no messy rubbings left behind! I am so impressed with the quality of ink in these pens, they rub out far better than any erasable pen I've ever used. My girls cannot get enough of them, much to my dismay because I wanted to keep them for myself! I have had my eye on the Uniball Fanthom Erasble pens for while so will definitely be trying them out next! There are seven different colours in the Magik Girl range, you can buy them here for £2.35.
![]() |
| Magik Girl |
![]() |
| Seven colours |
![]() |
| Invisible ink |
Overall I am so pleased I got to try all of these fantastic pens. All of them have honestly exceeded my expectations in one way or another, and have become a very welcome extra to my collection.
If you'd like to find out more about Uniball, here are the links:
Website: www.uniball.co.uk
Twitter: @uniball_uk
Facebook: Uniball_uk








