Saturday, 14 September 2013

# Pentel # Review

Review - Pentel Pens



Being a self proclaimed stationery addict, you can imagine my excitement when a parcel from Pentel landed on my door mat last month. I had been intrigued by liquid chalk for quite some time and couldn't wait to try it out. I also received some stencils to use with the liquid chalk makers as well as a great selection of Pentel's Energel pens. Pentel began in Japan back in the 1940s but nowadays can be found in stores all around the world.



Wet Erase Chalk Marker:
First up we have the intriguing chalk markers. Both of my girls have chalkboards but I absolutely detest chalk, the feel, the smell, the sound, the mess, everything! They love using their boards but often wish I would draw them some pictures or write them a message. Now I can using these clever little marker pens. The markers have a semi permanent formula making them great for use indoors and out. The chalk is easily removed with a damp cloth and doesn't leave any mess. The wet erase chalk marker also features a chisel-style tip and can be used on most smooth surfaces, such as glass and porcelain. You can buy this 4 pack here for £15.38 or any of the 8 individual colours for £3.89. I will definitely be purchasing extra colours of these chalk markers, they are a delight to use and put a huge smile on my girls faces!





EnerGel Xm Retractable:
My favourite type of pen has always been a retractable rollerball. It's definitely the simplicity of them that attracts me to them time after time. The Energel Xm does not disappoint with its stylish barrel, grooved rubber finger grip and metal pocket clip it is the perfect pen for daily use. The Energel Xm features a 0.7mm tip and uses the amazingly quick drying, smooth flowing EnerGel ink and can be bought here for £2.99 in 4 wonderful colours.





EnerGel X:
My absolute favourite pen from the bundle (and now quite possibly my favourite ever!) can be bought here for just £1.89. The Energel X is very much like the Xm, from the ink to the grip. I love the simplicity of it. The all over colour. The comfortable grip. The sturdy pocket clip. And best of all the amazingly cheap price for a great quality, perfect, everyday pen.




EnerGel Tradio:
Pentel's new Energel Tradio is the most beautiful rollerball pen that I have ever seen! It looks totally different from any other pen in my collection and has had many compliments and remarks already for it's beautiful pearlescent white barrel. As well as using Pentel's quality Energel ink, the Tradio features the distinctively styled Tradio cap with window.You can buy the Energel Tradio here for just £1.99 and it is available in a range of 5 colours.





EnerGel Plus:
I have never been a fan of needle point pens. I lean pretty hard as I write and had a bad experience with a broken tip, many years ago. Recently I have started using needle points again and I must admit I really, really like this one. I think it's the Energel ink that makes it superb. Unlike most needlepoint pens, the ink from the 0.5mm tip is fluent and doesn't smudge. And better yet the Energel Plus is made from 53% recycled materials. You can find it here for £2.10.





Overall I am thrilled to have been given the chance to try out these pens. The quality of the Energel ink is outstanding, absolutely the best by far. The EnerGel ink formula flows smoother and dries quicker than normal gel ink making it great for left-handed writers. The liquid chalk makers have been a delight to use and would be excellent for use on function boards. Here are all of the links you will need to find great quality affordable pens:

Online Shop: www.pentelshop.co.uk
Twitter: @penteluk
Facebook: Pentel UK