Tuesday, 8 October 2013

# Book # Franklin Covey

Review - Franklin Covey



Last month I received a few items from FranklinCovey to review. FranklinCovey are best known for creating beautiful planners and diaries, and have been doing so since 1984, but the Covey family also write books and sell useful items to help keep organised. I received a beautiful iPad folio case and a couple of books from the impressive range written by the Covey family.

iPad Folio Cover:

This beautiful cover by Geekorize is available here for £27.95 and comes in 4 different designs. When closed the cover measures 20 x 24cm. making it an ideal fit for both iPad2 or the new iPad. The iPad fits securely on the left side of the cover and on the right side there is a side pocket as well as a slot to add a notebook and a pen or stylus via the elasticated pen loop. The beautiful cover has a soft touch microfiber material on the inside and a wipe clean, durable material on the outer. With plenty of space for iPad, notebook and pen, the cover then fastens together securely with a popper clip. I absolutely love everything about this cover, it is practical and spacious as well as being beautifully designed and made from great quality materials.





The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families:

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families is basically a self help book. I have never been a fan of self help books as to me, they seem somewhat 'cult' like, brain washing you into a different way of life when things are hard! I think it takes a special kind of person to be able to write one that isn't 'cult' like and instead more of a guide through difficult times, and that is certainly what Stephen Covey manages to demonstrate here! It's a big old book and I've yet to finish it but from what I've read so far I can clearly see that Stephen Covey was a family man. My husband and I both have the same 'family means everything' values, so reading the 7 habits is actually really enjoyable and can often relate to every aspect of the book. You can find The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families here for £14.95 and I definitely think this book should be in every family's bookcase.




The 7 Habits of Happy Kids:

The 7 Habits of Happy Kids, though by a different author, goes hand in hand with the family book above! Sean Covey is the son of Stephen Covey. The 7 habits of happy kids is a wonderful little book aimed for both parents and children. The book is filled with marvellous illustrations from Stacy Curtis, who captures the lives and habitats of the characters from 7 oaks. My children are in love with this book, they think it's cute and love how fun the pictures and writing (font) look. It teachers the girls how to be the very best versions of themselves without becoming boring and sounding too grown up! This book is a firm favourite in our home and you can find it here for £14.95.








Overall I am really pleased we got to try out these items. The iPad case is by far the best quality cover I have ever seen and the books have definitely become a timeless keepsake that will be used in our family for years to come. If you would like to find out more from FranklinCovey, here are the links: