Little people and belts! We have all been there, right? My 4 year old daughter, Tia, is a nightmare when it comes to belts. She never fastens them up properly (if at all!) and is forever tugging at her trousers, usually because she's revealing a 'builders bum'! So as soon as I found out about Easybelts, I had to try them. Easybelts were designed by a wonderful lady called Kay Heffernan. Who, like myself, also had a 4 year old having belt difficulties. Easybelts use a velcro strip instead of the typical buckle-pin mechanism. The velcro passes through a D-loop and is folded back upon its self. "Easy Peasy" as Tia describes it! The belts are fully adjustable to fit any child perfectly.

Kay very kindly sent me two beautiful, girly pink belts to try out. Tia has a little pot-belly so always needs a belt as her trousers end up sitting under her tummy, and she obviously doesn't have the hips to keep them up. We have tried so many different belt designs. Buckle belts annoy her too much. They often end up too tight on her if she sits but are pointless if fastened any looser! The fabric belts that double back on themselves through two D-loops are also useless. When she sits they loosen and end up being a useless accessory. Sometimes the trousers with the elastic and the buttons inside the waistband work, but then eventually the buttons ping off and the elastic tears. I had given up and started putting extra long tops on her instead! But as soon as I opened these belts I knew we were on to a winner!

The belts are so well made. For the low price, I honestly didn't expect them to be anywhere near as great a quality as they actually are! Easybelts are made from a really strong, yet soft elastic. Which means Tia isn't restricted when it comes to sitting and quite often forgets she has one on. My husband is a mechanic and has said that they seem as strong as the bungee chords he uses at work. Now that's saying something! The Easybelts are flexible so they don't dig in or cause any discomfort. And they are fully adjustable so will grow with her. Perfect! The velcro has been put to the test by the fingers of my mischievous little four year old, who loves to pull it apart and stick it back and I can honestly say it is super strong and durable. I had worried that the velcro would end up coming undone or that she wouldn't press it tight enough for it to grip well, but it sticks better than most velro items we have at home! I love how easy it for Tia to wear a belt properly now - Thank you so much Kay!

Easybelts come in a wide range of colours and are an absolute bargain at just £6. (£7 if you choose a lovely little motif on the front.) I definitely plan on getting more for Tia, she can use them at school and I won't need to worry about her being annoyed or distracted whilst she is sitting learning. Easybelts also come in adult sizes and because of the strong elastic, my husband has asked me to get one ordered to use at work as he won't need to be fiddling about with a buckle with his oily hands.
I highly recommend Easybelts for all ages.
If you have a little one with belt problems, or maybe even a big one too! Then here is the links, and I promise you it'll be money very well spent!
Website: www.easybelts.co.uk
Twitter: Easybelts
Facebook: Easybelts
![]() |
| Abi (who doesn't actually need a belt) claimed the stripey one for herself as she loved the design! |
![]() |
| Tia rocking her new belt, she wears it everyday. Definitely her favourite clothing accessory. |

