
When I was asked to review Schleich horses, I was so excited for them to arrive! As a child I had a box full of Schleich animals that I had collected over the years. My Grandma was a Language teacher and had friends in many different countries. Her best friend, Inge, lived in Germany so every time my Grandma went to visit Inge, she would bring me back a new animal. I had many different Schleich animals - horses, bulls, cheetahs and elephants. I even had some Dinosaurs and Smurf characters!
It was really easy for me to decide what set I wanted to review. I instantly picked the Shetland Pony set, which are new to the already impressive Farm Life range available from Schleich. Tia really loves this breed of horse as we have family that live in Shetland. Shetland Ponies may only have short legs but they are a very strong breed, able to pull twice their own weight! The Shetland pony was originally used for plowing farmland and pulling carts filled with peat from the hills. Shetland Ponies are well known for having such great temperaments and nowadays can often be found giving rides to children along beaches and country roads.
The Schleich Shetland ponies are very well made. From the markings and colourings, to the body proportions and shape, every part of the Schleich Shetland pony resembles the real thing! You can find the Shetland Pony Foal, Gelding and Mare online from Amazon, and they are also available in all good toy shops. Schleich have a whole range of toys, from Mythical Creatures, Knights and Dragons, to Farm Life, Wild Life and even The Smurfs! I particularly love the Wild Life and Farm Life ranges, and would love to start collecting them for my girls! Schleich animals are just as beautifully created as they were when I was a girl. My daughters have always loved animal figures but sometimes it's hard to find figures that aren't just aimed at babies and toddlers! These life like figures are perfect for my growing girls and will be for many years to come!
If you'd like to find out more about the Schleich products featured in this post, here are the links:




