Sunday, 3 May 2015

# Food # Review

Review - Tommy Tucker


Last month we were introduced to some seriously tasty popcorn (read about it here).  The whole family enjoyed tucking into all of the new flavours, so everyone was delighted to find another package full of tasty treats arrive at our door last week! Tommy Tucker have several different ranges of tasty treats and snacks, available in cinemas. We received four bags of Tommy's Popcorn and a bag of Krax.

Krax: Described as "Not a crisp or a cracker but a Krax" Krax certainly are something a little different! I really enjoyed these snacks. The BBQ flavour wasn't too over powering and the crunchiness was just right! I love savoury snacks but often struggle to find something that doesn't feel greasy and unhealthy. Snax are light and contain no artificial colours or preservatives and are low in saturated fat. These moreish snacks make for a great alternative to popcorn and surprisingly are vegetarian friendly! 

Tommy's Popcorn: We received four flavours of this range. Salted, Sweet & Salt, Sweet and Toffee. To be honest I wasn't all that impressed with the popcorn this time round. (None of us were and we still have lots left over!) I guess we assumed it would be the same great quality and amazing tastes as the last range we tried. I don't overly understand why there are three different ranges of the same flavoured popcorn, but it's clear to see they are made differently! The Tommy's Popcorn range was extremely average. Just like popcorn from the cinema (whereas the Thomas Tucker range had a more special taste/feel to it) A lot of the kernels hadn't fully 'popped' and we spent a lot of time picking it of our teeth... There is also a Tommy Tucker range of popcorn with the same flavours! 

Overall I was left feeling slightly disappointed by the this range! The Krax snacks were great. Very light and moreish, and a really lovely alternative treat. The Tommy's Popcorn range however wasn't as special as I had hoped. It wasn't bad. Not by a long shot, but if I was given the choice between this range - Tommy's Popcorn, or the last range we tried - Thomas Tucker Popcorn, there would be no question about it. The Thomas Tucker range has better flavours and in general seems to be made better! All in all we give This package four stars, mostly for the tasty Krax! If you'd like to find out more information about any of the ranges available from Tommy Tucker. Here are their links: