Monday, 12 May 2014

# Degustabox # Food

Review - Degustabox


Last month I wrote this post about my first ever Degustabox. I absolutely loved everything about it, so was delighted to receive another box this month! Degustabox is a monthly subscription box, full of tasty goodies! Each box contains around fifteen surprise products from a mix of popular and new food and drink brands. Every month you get to try new products that you may never have thought of buying, as well as receiving recipe ideas and all for just £12.99, which includes the delivery cost by one of the most reliable couriers in the UK! It almost sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? Another great thing about this monthly food box is, that there is no contract, you can cancel your subscription anytime. (Which is great news for mum's on a budget!)

I wasn't sure what to expect this month! Last month I was really impressed with the amount of meal ingredients such as pasta etc, I really felt it was a bargain of a box for just £12.99! This month our box has a lot more 'snacky' items in it (which I had to photo quickly before my family ran off with half of it). We had products from many well known brands - Dr. Oetker, Crabbie's, Clearspring, Lindt, Go Splash, Cawston Press, Keogh's, Mornflake and McVities. All of the items in this box added up to twenty pounds exactly! Yet another fantastic bargain box from Degustabox! This months box featured a lot of 'on the go' products which is perfect for us as a family. We are constantly heading out, whether its work or school, dance classes or dog walks. I am always on the lookout for new, tasty products that can be slipped into a bag and taken with us. 

You can find out what we thought of each individual item below but as an entire box, this months Degustabox has been super impressive once again! If you'd like to subscribe to Degustabox yourself  you can get £3 off this months subscription by using this code: 

AWRDE

Or to be in with a chance of winning an entire Degustabox enter their Facebook competion now. For more details about this fantastic monthly subscriptions box, or the items featured in this months Degustabox, here are the links:



Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks' Chocolate: I am really fussy when it comes to chocolate, so even when baking I just use bars of ordinary chocolate that I know I like. This often results in the chocolate not melting too well! I was really pleased with these bars, I used them to make mini rocky-road bites and had no problems at all, and surprisingly to me, they taste really good! Certainly worth buying in the future!


Crabbie's Alcoholic Ginger Beer: I never drink alcohol so this was one for my husband. He has never been a fan of ginger beer but gave this a try since it was raspberry flavour. He drank it all but had said even though the initial raspberry taste is nice, it leaves a strong ginger beer after-taste, so this isn't something we'd try again. Perfect for ginger beer lovers though!


Clearspring Miso Soup: These soups went down well with my husband. They were great for taking to work and quick to make into a mug by adding hot water! We don't usually use instant soups because they become too watery and lack flavour but these little blocks of Japanese goodness are full of flavour and incredibly healthy too! Will definitely be looking for these next time we go shopping!


Lindt Treat Bars: Ahh Lindt, who doesn't love that melt in the mouth, delicious chocolate? I had no idea Lindt did bars of chocolate! I love, love, love the lindt balls, they come in a variety of types and each are as silky and moreish, as the other! These bars did not disappoint! The way they melt in the mouth is sweet yet incredibly sickly! We couldn't eat a whole bar in one go but that just made them all the better! Can't wait to stock up on these little beauties!


Go Spash Water Flavouring: Everybody knows how important it is to drink lots of water but for me, plain water can become tedious after a while. So this tiny little bottle is a god send! It can go everywhere with me and lasts for up to 30 glasses (6 litres) of water! Astonishing! We received the blackcurrant flavour and I really like it. The bottle doesn't need to be refrigerated and is sugar free and low in calories! There are also two other flavours that I will definitely be trying!


Cawston Press Sparkling Water: I am a fizzy juice addict! I have tried a hundred times to cut down or cut it out but I crave the bubbles! I've tried ordinary sparkling water but it turns my stomach! I need flavour in my drinks! This amazingly tasty can of juice is quite possibly my new favourite fizzy drink! It is sweet and fizzy and tastes just like hard boiled rhubarb sweets! This Apple and Rhubarb soft drink has no artificial sweeteners and no added colourings or preservatives. It is such an incredibly health alternative to fizzy pop and even tasted better too! 


Keogh's Crisps: I have never seen or heard of this amazing brand before but they are incredible! These crisps come from an Irish, family-run farm. They are grown and hand cooked on the farm and can be found in the 'world foods' section in Tesco. I had the Atlantic Sea Salt & Irish Cider Vinegar flavour. I'm not usually keen on anything with vinegar in it but these are amazing! By far my favourite item in this box! The flavour is so strong and moreish, and better yet these crisps are completely gluten free! I need more of these in my life!


Mornflake Superfast Pots: Again these are excellent for people on the go! These breakfast pots don't need milk, don't need boiling water, just add cold water and stir! These can be taken to work, the gym, eaten in the car, on the bus (if you don't mind people staring!) anywhere, as long as you have a bottle of water or make it beforehand! My favourite out of the two was the Raisin, Honey and Almond Granola. It was bursting with flavour and had a great texture to it, the muesli turned quite paste like but I think I put too much water in it! Will be keen to see if there are more varieties of this quick and easy breakfast!


McVitie's Jaffa Cakes Mini Rolls: Lastly we have these new tasty treats! I love Mini Rolls and I especially love Jaffa Cakes so these two combined were only ever going to be a great thing! We tried the Tropicool and Berry Burst flavours and they were both delicious but Tropicool was my favourite. I love that these can be frozen! I'd never thought of that, all twelve Mini Rolls had mysteriously vanished before I had the chance to try freezing them so will need to buy some more and see what they are like!